Better Farm is a sustainability education center and artist colony founded in 1970 on the principles of the Better Theory: that each moment provides us with the opportunity for exponential personal growth. The farm has since 2009 provided premier sustainability schooling and a retreat space for artists from all over the world to create and grow together.
Better Farm's mission is simple: to arm individuals with the tools to create a more sustainable, creative and loving world.
Through educational workshops, artist residencies, sustainability programming, and an ongoing commitment to green living and community outreach, we strive to apply the Better Theory to all our endeavors while offering the curious an opportunity to expand, grow, and flourish.
Learn more: www.betterfarm.org.
What We've Achieved
- Provided a premier sustainability education to more than two dozen environmentalists from all over the world since 2009.
- Offered community support through neighborhood cleanups, free workshops, events, festivals, greenhouse construction, beautification efforts, and farm-to-table dining.
- Offered since 2009 organic, local produce for lower costs than generic fruits and veggies at the supermarket.
- Brought artists from all over the world to Redwood to increase access to the arts for all through our non-profit sister organization, betterArts.
- Educated the public about rainwater catchment, compost, permaculture, and all things green.
- Provided support to individuals in the community by offering a safe, all-welcoming community space.